3 Areas of Expertise:
Education is the key to success in life, and teachers make a lasting impact in the lives of their students. – Solomon Ortiz
Academic Tutoring: The youth and adults I have worked with throughout the years have often experienced great frustration and failure in their attempts to learn to read, write, and/or perform mathematical operations. It is a great pleasure to assist them in learning these skills and often for the first time experience success in school.
- Reading: Decoding, Comprehension, Fluency
- Mathematics: Basic Skills in counting, place value, addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, fractions, decimals, percent, ratio/probability, problem solving, algebra, and geometry.
- Written Language: Ideation, Organization, Outlining, Grammar, Spelling, and Punctuation.
- Social Studies K-12: American History, Government, Geography, Economics, Political Systems.
- Science K-12: Biology, Chemistry, Anatomy, Physiology, Physical Science, Botany, Zoology.
- English: Literature, Story Grammar, Strategies for Reading Fiction/Non-fiction texts.
Skill Development: I strongly believe that each individual has the capacity to learn and the ability to achieve their goals. I strive to support each one in finding the power inside them to identify, plan, and execute their goals for success.
- Motivational Coaching
- Organization of Student Materials
- Assignment Completion/Time Management
- Goal Setting
- Problem Solving/Decision Making
Assessment and consultation: I am highly skilled at assessing each individual and employing strategies to maximize student’s potential. The consultation assists students in understanding their learning styles and developing methods for advancement to post-secondary and career environments.
- Learning Style Assessment
- Strengths Assessment
- Career/Vocational Assessment
- Career Exploration/Job Shadows
- Resume Development
- Postsecondary Transition Assessment and Planning
- Special Education Consultation on Placement and Accommodations
Increase performance in reading, writing and math.
Improved self confidence in academic success and problem solving
Increased understanding of their abilities to set and achieve goals.
Through test results, review of records, and individual meetings, Dr. Peg Lamb is able to build an Individual Coaching Plan that addresses concerns and identifies a strategic process to meet goals. Peg guides clients with ongoing support and accountability to improve their achievement and/or implement their career goals.
1- Discuss with parent or student via email or phone to identify concerns and need for services.
2- Review client’s school records, assessments, and psychological reports.
3- Develop an initial Individual Academic or Career Plan.
4- Meet with client and parent to discuss an academic or career plan and their interest in participating in services for implementation.
5- Collaborate with client and parent on their performance and accomplishments.